Principal Job Elements and Responsibilities
To adopt certain casework, together with negotiation, advocacy, and representation for college kids countrywide (e.G. Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA) and Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)) and advice provider standards. To make referrals on complicated academic troubles and liaise with and refer students directly to other guide offerings essential to make sure that they get hold of the maximum suitable aid and advice. To adhere to strict professional service standards always, especially concerning confidentiality and impartiality, to meet the needs of students, regulation, the OIA, and any Quality Standard Mark the service can also collect.
To maintain updated and correct information and data of interviews and casework in accordance with the Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act and National Charter Marks and service requirements. To attend applicable schooling and regional and countrywide conferences to preserve an updated knowledge of regulation, guidelines, and exercise to ensure educational recommendation and casework accuracy.
To liaise with BPP University and different organizations involved in advisory paintings and pupil welfare to increase a holistic and inclusive approach to scholar instructional and welfare aid.
- To help the Managing Director raise cognizance of the Independent Education and Welfare Service via attending Induction activities, handing over tailor-made talks and shows to college students and other stakeholders.
- To attain the highest standards of patron care always and, in conjunction with other applicable Association personnel, perceive and reply to college students’ desires.
- To assist in growing coverage and process referring to educational recommendation and welfare as requested by the Managing Director to make certain strong and relevant mechanisms are in location.
- To hold abreast of applicable countrywide and nearby tendencies, adjust the law, and exercise and attend meetings, schooling activities, and conferences as vital.
- Maintain and develop academic and recommendation factsheets and different printed and online materials to enable college students to get entry to recommendation through more than a few channels.
- To have a bendy method to work and to adopt another duty which may be required.
- To appreciate the Independent status of the Students’ Association Education and Welfare Advice Service always.
- To abide with the aid of BPP University Independent Students’ Association Memorandum of Understanding, and
- Association and University Policies and Procedures at all times.
- To work flexibly and successfully and to sell a wonderful photograph of BPP University Independent Students’
Association at all times. Details of the Students
This file outlines the responsibilities required for the submit entitled Independent Education and Welfare Advisor to signify the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exhaustive file. The Students’ Association may also range obligations that do not exchange the general man or woman of the function or degree of responsibility.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications Required for Role
- Ideally knowledgeable to A degree, however, programs from applicants with appropriate and applicable work
- revel in or different equal qualifications may also be taken into consideration.
- Relevant qualifications or relevant enjoy in recommendation work.
- Good verbal and written communication competencies
- Experience of working within welfare, assist or recommendation environment
- Confident in dealing with hard or sensitive situations professionally
- Experience of operating on their very own in addition to a part of a crew
- Good administrative skills and the capability to stick to defined guidelines and approaches
- Ability to signify and put in force enhancements
Proficient IT Skills
- A flexible technique to workload planning
- A pleasant method
- Ability to prioritize and control caseload and very own paintings
- Ability to narrate to college students
- Ability to paintings below stress
- Highly inspired
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities and information of its relevance to the Students’ Association
- Ability to work with an extensive range of people from specific backgrounds and cultures
- Understanding of working in a pupil environment
- Knowledge of help services available to college students
- Experience in dealing with the OIA
- Experience in using a casework management system (consisting of Advice Pro)
- Experience of running inside a scholarly environment
- Mental Health First Aid Training